[Mailman-Users] GID mismatch with Postfix on Fedora Core 5 install of mailman RPM

Chris Lawson clawson at jungle.ca
Tue Jul 25 21:27:46 CEST 2006

Hi folks.

Please excuse what may well be an FAQ but I did search the list
archive and couldn't get an answer.

I am running Postfix and Mailman on Fedora Core 5 system. More
specifically:

[root at production bin]# rpm -qv mailman
mailman-2.1.8-0.FC5.1
[root at production bin]# rpm -qv postfix
postfix-2.2.8-1.2

I have a bunch of lists that *were* working under Sendmail, but now
with Postfix, I get a GID mismatch error for the mail wrapper.

More specifically:

> Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
> wrapper script to be executed as group "mail", but the system's
> mail server executed the mail script as group "nobody".  Try
> tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mail", or re-
> run configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-
> gid=nobody'. )

Is there a way of getting the RPM version of mailman to expect a
different mail wrapper GID?

If I try to tweak the mail server (change main.cf to run as nobody)
postfix fails. The process that's failing (local) already has the
privileged flag set in master.cf.

What am I missing? Or do I have to delete the RPM install and install
from source --with-mail-gid=nobody?

cmkl
--
Chris Lawson