[Mailman-Users] Hardware Requirements

Naglaa El-Deeb noga at aucegypt.edu
Mon Jul 24 11:56:04 CEST 2006

Dear Sir,
          I am looking for suggestions on a hardware purchase. I am setting up a new mailing list server for our University. It will host up to 500 lists ranging from 20 subscribers to 10000 with an average of 200 . Number of messages broadcast by the list server ranging from two to four mails per day,one of those mails is a  daily bulletin mail broad cast by the list server to 10000 subscribers.The OS will be RedHat Linux v4 , "MTA"will be Sendmail ,and Mailman  will be v2.8.  Most of subscribers will have the same domain , so most of target MXes will be locally.

Please advice.

Regards,
Naglaa El-Deeb
System & Operation Engineer