[Mailman-Users] Best practices

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Sun Jul 23 17:45:06 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:
> I have been rejecting messages from non-members but I am
> not sure that is the best practice. Is it better to "discard"
> rather than "reject" non-members messages?

It depends on the message ... if the message is topical, then I reject
the message indicating that to post a person must be subscribed, and if
they are subscribed, then they might be posting from a different email
address.

If the message isn't topical, then I just discard it (for which the
'discard all messages marked as deferred' check box is a boon), as those
are usually just spam.

david