[Mailman-Users] list automatically removing users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 21 19:05:09 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> Is bounce processing turned off for the list and not just
>> DEFAULT_BOUNCE_PROCESSING = No in mm_cfg.py?
>
>Does not exists anywhere in my config.

So new lists are created with bounce_processing on and you manually
turn it off.

>> Did these unsubscribes occur at the time that cron/disabled runs
>> (default 9:00 a.m. server time)?
>
>Yes, it did.

So presumably, it was cron/disabled that did the unsubscribes. If
Mailman's bounce log (or logs if rotated) goes back a month ago, check
for any occurrences of entries for the involved users. Also, try

bin/list_members --nomail=bybounce listname

and see if you currently have any members disabled by bounce.

>> Was bounce processing ever enabled for the list? If so, once a member
>> is disabled for bouncing, cron/disabled will continue to send warning
>> messages and eventually remove the member, even if bounce processing
>> is turned off for the list.
>>

>Bounce process was not enabled at all.

As I note above, when the list was first created, bounce_processing was
on by default. Are you sure you turned it off immediately after
creating the list?