[Mailman-Users] subject filtering

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 19 23:34:40 CEST 2006

gtnet at hok.juris.u-szeged.hu wrote:

>> subject: \*SPAM\*
>
>i tried with it also  on bounce matching header , but i got the same error as
>above.

Perhaps there is some issue with the character set. Those characters
must be entered as equivalent to us-ascii and must not be translated
by your web server.

>> You may also find it easier to look at a different Spamassassin header
>> such as the

>> header.
>

>i've looked into the spam mail header, and i see these:
>
>SZTE is my univ mail firewall server and it make this tag on the spams' header
>so whit this "new" info, what dou suggest me to do, to filter spam by subject?

The prefixing of the subject with *****SPAM***** and the addition of
the X-Spam-Status: and X-Spam-Flag: headers is done by Spamassassin
(not a part of Mailman). I don't know about the X-SZTE-Spam-Status:
header. The easiest thing is to filter on the "X-Spam-Flag: YES"
header as that will be present only in "spam" and doesn't need special
characters. Just put

in bounce_matching_headers, or if you want to use header_filter_rules,
you could just put

as the rule since the header is only present in 'spam' and set the
action to Hold for testing, and if you are confident it is working,
you can set the action to Discard.