[Mailman-Users] Not sending password reminders, subscription confirmations

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 19 02:26:55 CEST 2006

Helmut Schneider wrote:

>From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
>
>> You might try setting up another test_list with an underscore in the
>> name and see if that fails too.
>
>Does no fail. Is there a way to backup everything and then recreate those
>two lists?

A combination of bin/config_list and bin/list_members can be used to
dump the list config and the digest and non-digest membership which
can be then applied to a new list with bin/config_list and
bin/add_members, but this does not preserve all user options.

Before doing this, I would suggest using bin/config_list to dump the
configurations of a problem list and a working list and diff the
results. If this doesn't reveal the problem, you can try the same
thing with the results of bin/dumpdb on the lists/listname/config.pck
files. For this latter diff, you'll have to ignore differences in
various attributes which are lists of members with other member info,
but if there is something peculiar in the config of these lists which
causes the problem, this should reveal it.