[Mailman-Users] Scaling Question

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 22:49:46 CEST 2006

On 7/18/06, Ki Song <ki at knifecenter.com> wrote:
> Anyways, I just wanted to hear some feedback as far as the scalability of
> mailman. I have a mailing list of approximately 50,000+ subscribers. I just
> wanted to know if mailman would be able to handle it without any issues.
>
> I am on a business cable connection with approx 384k upstream / 6000k
> downstream.

See FAQ 1.15 <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>

I'm not sure about bandwidth issues, but I think that you should have
enough, especially with the fact that a lot of those probably have
common mail servers, so you only have to send one message (more or
less).

--
- Patrick Bogen