[Mailman-Users] ScriptAlias and Alias Entries in httpd.conf

Ki Song ki at knifecenter.com
Mon Jul 17 21:49:01 CEST 2006

I'm having trouble with the ScriptAlias and Alias settings in the httpd.conf
file.

Basically, I added the following lines to my Apache server's httpd.conf
file:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/

When I try and restart the Apache server, however, these errors show up:

The ScriptAlias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 1013
will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias.

The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 1014
will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

I searched through the httpd.conf file and couldn't find another reference
to the ScripAlias or Alias directives for these directories.

What's going on?