[Mailman-Users] text/html problem

Allan Hansen hansen at rc.org
Mon Jul 17 04:31:01 CEST 2006

Aha! My installation didn't have Lynx. I now have installed it and pointed
mm_cfg.py at the right program. I have notified my subscriber of this.
I'll report back if it works (I could not get my own mail client to
send the same kind of mail she did, but when I tried, it still had the
xhtml stuff.

Allan

>From Mark Sapiro:
>
>It seems you have "convert html to plain text" On in content filtering.
>The body is getting lost in this process. I don't know why. I tried
>"converting" the body of the second message with both lynx and links
>and it worked for me. What, if anything, do you have in mm_cfg.py for
>HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND? If you have nothing in mm_cfg.py, the
>default is
>
>HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = '/usr/bin/lynx -dump %(filename)s'
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan
| Allan Hansen, Ph.D.                                             |
|    P.O. Box 2423, Cypress, CA 90630, U.S.A.                     |
| Work:                              Home:                        |
| Phone: +1-714/952-6015             +1-714/875-8870              |
| Fax:   +1-714/952-6746                                          |
| Email: allan.hansen at ugs.com        hansen at rc.org                |
| WWW:   http://www.ugs.com          http://www.rc.org/           |
|_Anything is possible with the right tools and right information_|