[Mailman-Users] Problem creating mailinglist

Til Schubbe lists at lists.schubbe.org
Sun Jul 16 02:23:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

I created the mailing list 'test' by using the web interface. As a
confirmation I get:

| You have successfully created the mailing list test [...]

But after that it provides 2 buggy links without a slash:
                                          ^
http://lists.royal-bonn.de/cgi-bin/mailmanadmin/test
                                          ^

Earlier I have added
---->8----
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
---->8----
to /etc/apache/httpd.conf.

Why do the links omit the slash?

My second problem: When I invoke
http://lists.royal-bonn.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/test

and subscribe my email-address, I get the confirmation request.
Replying to it results in the following:

| <test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de>: host
| lists.royal-bonn.de[193.138.180.4]
|     said: 550 <test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de>: Recipient address
| rejected:
|     User unknown in virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO
| command)

My /etc/postfix/main.cf contains this:
owner_request_special = no
recipient_delimiter = +
virtual_mailbox_domains =
  [...]
  lists.royal-bonn.de
virtual_alias_maps =
  hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps
  hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_maps =
  hash:/etc/aliases
  hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_database =
  hash:/etc/aliases
  hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases contains:
[...]
test-request:     "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
[...]

I invoked 'postalias /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases' and
'postfix reload'.

Why doesn't postfix accept a mail addressed to
test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de?

I read the specific parts of
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/
but it didn't help me.

I'm running Debian stable with apache 1.3.33, mailman 2.1.5 and
postfix 2.1.5.

TIA
Til