[Mailman-Users] Footers converted to nuisance text attachments forhtml emails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 14 17:24:54 CEST 2006

david at johmar.com wrote:

>I tried 'convert html to text' but that didn't seem to do
>anything.

convert_html_to_plaintext is only effective if filter_content is Yes.
There have also been issues in the past with some systems with the
default HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT_COMMAND. See for example,
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-January/025369.html>

>My preference would be to somehow incorporate the
>footer in the html of the email or failing that just not to
>add the footer to html emails.

Brad has already referred you to FAQ 4.39 which explains why footers
aren't simply be added to HTML parts.