[Mailman-Users] Footers converted to nuisance text attachments for html emails

david at johmar.com david at johmar.com
Fri Jul 14 10:55:22 CEST 2006

I can't find this in the FAQ, they only cover user-sent attachments.

Our mailman 2.1.5 is correctly adding the footer we set up
for text emails but for html format ones it adds it as a text
attachment.  Unfortunately most of our members post in html
(they know no better and wouldn't know how to change it)
therefore we keep sending out small attachments to the emails.

I tried 'convert html to text' but that didn't seem to do
anything.  My preference would be to somehow incorporate the
footer in the html of the email or failing that just not to
add the footer to html emails.