[Mailman-Users] ScriptAlias and Alias entries in httpd.conf

Ki Song ki at knifecenter.com
Thu Jul 13 21:35:20 CEST 2006

I've been trying to update my Apache webserver per the instructions in the
mailman install manual. The lines:

ScriptAlias /mailman/   $prefix/cgi-bin/
and
Alias /pipermail/   $varprefix/archives/public/

are showing up as errors when I try and restart the Apache server.

The error messages are as follows:
The ScriptAlias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 549 will
probably never match because it overlaps in earlier ScriptAlias

The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 823 will probably
never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias

ANOTHER probably unrelated error that happens when I am restarting the
Apache server is:

NameVirtualHost 70.88.225.1:80 has no VirtualHosts

I'M STUCK!!