[Mailman-Users] Not sending password reminders, subscription confirmations

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 13 16:57:46 CEST 2006

From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
> Helmut Schneider wrote:
>>
>>I'm using mailman 2.1.8 on OpenBSD. I have 5 lists, 2 are really used, 1
>> is  for testing purposes.
>>A admin of that 2 lists claims that subscription confirmations are not
>> sent  to the users allthough the checkbox is active (I checked that).
>> For my test  list the confirmations work for each new user.
>
> Do you mean the message for the user to confirm before being subscribed
> or the welcome message after subscription is completed?

Membership Management-Mass Subscription-"Send welcome messages to new
subscribees"and "Send notifications of new subscriptions to the list". On
the test list it works, on the two other lists it doesn't.

> The former is Privacy Options...->Subscription rules->subscribe_policy;
> the latter is GeneralOptions->welcome_message.

Gereral option-notifications. Every checkbox ist selected (YES to all).

>>Moreover on none of the (5) lists the monthly password reminders are
>> working  anymore.
>
> Are the cron jobs running?. Is General Options->send_reminders on for
> all the lists.

cron jobs?! Oh dear, mentioning that I remember that there was a note about
creting cron jobs at the end of installation. LART on me :(