[Mailman-Users] moving mailman

mardin at comcast.net mardin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 12 01:00:28 CEST 2006

Mark,

Please see the errors after moving to the new mailman server with same hostname and IP address:

> Didn't work how? What happens when you post to a list? What happens
> when you go to that URL?

(1) Went to URL (http://mailman_server.domain.net/mailman/admin/) and got errors:

Not Found
The request URL /mailman/admin/ was not found on this server

(2) Errors of post to the mailing list test at mailman_server.domain.net

Jul 11 8:02:20 mailman_server sendmail[5791]: k6BM2ALL005791: from=<mardin at domain.net>, size=418, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<44B41F46.3080604 at domain.net>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=mardin.domain.net [163.10.21.33]
Jul 11 8:02:20 mailman_server smrsh: uid 8: attempt to use "mailman post test" (stat failed)
Jul 11 8:02:20 mailman_server sendmail[5792]: k6BM2ALL005791: to="|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test", ctladdr=<test at mailman_server.domain.net> (8/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=30624, dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable
Jul 11 8:02:20 mailman_server sendmail[5792]: k6BM2ALL005791: k6BM2ALL005792: DSN: Service unavailable

Thanks for your help!
Mardin

From: Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>
> mardin at comcast.net wrote:
> >
> >The Mailman 2.1.5 was running well. We wanted to move it to another computer
> with more powerfull hardware. We installed the same Linux system on the new
> computer.
> >
> >Then we moved all Mailman related data from the original computer to the new
> computer:
> >/usr/local/mailman
> >/home/mailman
> >/etc/passwd
> >/etc/group
> >/etc/httpd
> >/etc/init.d/mailman
> >/etc/mail
> >/etc/aliases
> >
> >We powered off the original computer and renamed the new computer with the
> original hostname and IP address. After that we restarted mailman on the new
> computer
 and got the master qrunner lock errors::