[Mailman-Users] Spams directed to list owner.

Ron Brogden rb at islandnet.com
Tue Jul 11 21:20:52 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 07:52, Harold Goldstein wrote:
> here is the header of a spam received this morning by 2 of us listed as
> pptc-announce-owner ...
> it is not being directed to the list itself.

My personal solution to this issue was to only allow posts to that address
from the machine itself.  After adding that rule to the Exim configuration
the amount of Mailman injected spam I have to deal with dropped by at least
80% percent.

Here's the ACL rule I use that deals with this case:

deny   !hosts = +relay_from_hosts
         local_parts = ^[-a-z0-9]*-owner
         message  = unknown user

Cheers