[Mailman-Users] Strange problem with password.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jul 11 19:44:31 CEST 2006

Fabiano Breves wrote:

>On 7/10/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>
>As I'm in 2.1.8rc1 I think we don't need to worry about this firt one.
>

>> If you are using Mailman 2.1.7 or later, we still look for the
>> find it, we attempt to remove it from all text parts. This may have
>> failed. If so, please send me (off list) a copy of the message (as an
>> attachment so I see it exactly with all headers and MIME structure).
>> Ideally, in this case, I would like to see the post as received by
>> Mailman, but if this isn't available, the post from the list will do.
>

>As soon I get to the office (probably tomorrow) I'll send to your e-mail the
>message.

Good. I'll look for it. When I first implemented the removal from HTML
parts, I tested with MS-OE 6, but things may have changed or it may do
tricky things depending on the password. For example, if one puts

in the message, this may wind up looking like

in the HTML. Actually, I'll find that one and change it to

but there may be variants that I don't find.

>We have a web application that can send mail to lists. Maybe I can change
>the way the poster sends the announce message. The aplication is based on
>ASP language. What header should I use and how I use it. Send msgs with this
>method seems to be the solution because I can take out the responsability of
>putting the password of the poster.

You put exactly the same

line, but you put it in the message headers instead of the message
body. Thus, you still need to provide the password, but since it is in
a recognizable header rather than in a body part and perhaps 'hidden'
in additional body parts, it can be reliably removed from the post
before it is sent out.