[Mailman-Users] HTML converted to attachment was:(no subject)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 7 19:04:56 CEST 2006

brenno at webspees.nl wrote:

>Unfortunately this didn't help. I already configured in my mm_cfg.py to
>remove the footer.
>
>I've added my mm_cfg.py information at the bottom of this email.
>Thanks for your help.

<snip>
>DEFAULT_MSG_HEADER = " "
>DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = """ """

Two things here. These only set defaults. The actual list msg_header
and msg_footer are on the Non-digest options page in the admin
interface for the list.

More importantly, those settings specify a header and a footer
consisting of a single blank space. This is very different from no
header or footer. If you don't want Mailman to add anything to the
message and thus, potentially alter the MIME structure of the message,
the header and footer must be the null string. I.e.,

DEFAULT_MSG_HEADER = ""
DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = ""

Then go the the Non-digest options page and select and delete all text
including stray white space in msg_header and msg_footer and 'Submit
Your Changes'.

I promise that if Content filtering->filter_content is No and if the
Non-digest options, msg_header and msg_footer are truely empty with no
white space and Non-digest options->scrub_nondigest is No, Mailman
will not change the MIME structure of the non-digest messages it sends.