[Mailman-Users] Install Suggestion

Robert Temple rtscruiser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 17:00:43 CEST 2006

This is my first post to the group, so first off - hello everyone!

I am a small hosting provider, and have been using Mailman for all my
clients seeking a group email list. Recently, Mailman stopped working for
all of my clients. My server company is blaming CPanel for not "getting
along" with Mailman and says there's nothing they can do.

I would be happy to do a manual install myself, but I don't have shell
access on my shared server.

So I'm wondering why there isn't a simpler install proceedure for Mailman
that doesn't require shell access? I've installed other open source programs
that deal with mail servers with no problem, i.e. Dadamail, WebCalendar,
etc.

There really isn't any other open source program that does what Mailman does
as well as Mailman does, but I'm going to have to move to Dadamail for these
kinds of lists in the future.

I'm guessing this would require a major re-write of Mailman or an easier
install would already be available, but just thought I'd through the idea
out there.

Thanks, everyone.