[Mailman-Users] Next Gen stuff (was: mailman minimal (memory) requirements?)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 09:17:33 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> To elaborate a bit, as Brad says, you need to have a web server and MTA
> running.

Personally, I would like to see Mailman break it's reliance on a local
local webserver.  Currently you can't really move the Mailman logic
(queue, archives, notifications, sign-up pages, admin pages, etc) to
separate hosts without involving NFS or other shared fs technology.  I
think with a little RPC or other technology it would be *great* to start
breaking things apart in the next generation stuff.  Not so much for
scalability, but for redundancy.  Just my $.02.

-Jim P.