[Mailman-Users] mailing list list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 31 20:22:03 CET 2006

Chris Lange wrote:

>I just took over responsibility for this in my Sr. Tech's absence. I
>have several mailing lists that don't appear in the admin links
>section, but appear on the server and can be administered if I
>manually enter their location in my browser. Is there a way to
>regenerate or refresh the main list to reflect all of the lists that
>are actually on the server?

There are two possible reasons for this.

The lists themselves are not 'advertised' (see Privacy options... in
the admin interface for the list.

The lists have a different 'host name' in their web_page_url attribute
and VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW is not set Off in mm_cfg.py.

Note that a list will or will not appear on the admin overview the same
as it will or will not appear on the listinfo overview. There is no
setting to make a list appear on the admin overview and not on the
listinfo overview or vice versa.