[Mailman-Users] mailman problem after 2.1.5 -> 2.1.7 update

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 27 07:24:18 CET 2006

Hauke Fath wrote:

>Basically, both the .../mailman/listinfo and .../mailman/admin pages
>have the URLs to the existing mailing lists wrong. They look like

>-- note the extra pair of quotes between the base URL and the list
>name. Browsers ignore the part after the quote pair.
>
>I haven't found a way of tweaking this and assume that the list URLs =
>
>are made up dynamically by the cgi script (rather, binary).

The URLs are made dynamically, but not by the binary wrapper. They are
made by the scripts Mailman/Cgi/admin.py and Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py.

This doesn't seem to be a DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN or list web_page_url
attribute problem. If it were the extra quotes would be between
'mailman' and 'listinfo', not between 'listinfo' and the list name.

The code that makes the
https://www.spg.tu-darmstadt.de/mailman/listinfo part of the URL is
the ScriptURL() function in Mailman/Utils.py and the code that puts it
together with the list name is the GetScriptURL() method in
Mailman/MailList.py, and various methods in Mailman/htmlformat.py make
the actual link, but I don't see anything in this that would add
quotes other than the ones around the whole URL.

I'm puzzled, but perhaps you can look at the specific areas I mention
and see that there's something strange in your version.