[Mailman-Users] any info on this reported exploit?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jan 26 23:19:57 CET 2006

At 4:40 PM -0500 2006-01-26, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103
>
>  Excellent addition to Mailman.  I presume this will wind up in the
>  distribution one day?

	There is a slightly older version of the script which was
included in the contrib/ subdirectory of Mailman-2.1.7, and I
uploaded an updated version of the script to this page just yesterday.

	I do not yet know what it takes to get this stuff automatically
included as part of the tarball generation process, but we're working
on that.  The updated version should certainly be included in the
next official release, even if it's still just in the contrib/
subdirectory.

	Myself, I would also love to see it get re-written in Python, and
the recent discussion we've had on this list with Bryan Carbonnell
regarding his Python tool (mentioned in
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-January/048687.html>)
could ultimately be incorporated into one larger and more
full-featured part of the overall Mailman system.

	Of course, that also means that I won't have to maintain it,
since I write in Bourne shell and not Python.  ;)

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755