[Mailman-Users] any info on this reported exploit?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 21:28:22 CET 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	All security-related questions should be handled in accordance
> with FAQ 1.27, see
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp>.

OK, that makes some sense to keep it hush-hush for a while.  HOWEVER,
what is the process for notifying Mailman admins of temporary
workarounds for this and any other situation?  I honestly don't want to
wait for an official patch if there is an interim solution.

I wouldn't have known of this issue if Diana hadn't of mentioned it here
first.  Thank you Diana for at least bringing this issue to my attention.

Brad, I can assume that many many other admins will want to know of
"next-steps" for this problem.  What should we do to make sure we are
kept in the loop if it isn't discussed/relayed somehow?

-Jim P.