[Mailman-Users] Confirmation problems

Niemi Hannu Hannu.Niemi at kuntaliitto.fi
Thu Jan 26 07:22:37 CET 2006

Not that I know... and I checked, no such a line. The default in Defaults.py seems to be days(3) as it should....

> How are you confirming? Web or email? Does it fail both ways?
> What do the actual confirm strings look like?

Yes, it fails all ways, I have tried replying, sending the confirm string and by the web form. Always the same.

Confirm string looks like this:
confirm 0e36dd2b0c2825e99b3a9fe234790f8fba059f6f

> >I also added another virtual host to mailman, and this list uses it,
> >could this cause this somehow?
>
> Is it only this list that fails? It is not likely a virtual
> host problem as host really isn't involved in processing
> confirmations.

I had to test the others. To be honest I haven't earlier used this kind of "user-driven subscription" in any of the lists on that server, but have been adding the users on the web form instead.

And the result is that (what was exactly what I was afraid of ;)) that at least the one I tested worked...

What gives???

Best regards

hannu