[Mailman-Users] FW: Output from "cron" command

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 23 04:09:01 CET 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:
>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> mcnutt wrote:
> >>
>>>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 138, in __getmsgids
>>>    ids = [k for k, (op, data) in self.__db.items() if op == rtype]
>>> ValueError: too many values to unpack
>>

>> It looks like some lists/listname/request.pck (or request.db for pre
>> 2.1.5) file may be corrupted. Also, see
>> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-August/046235.html>
>

>My 2.1.7 upgrade produced the same error that mcnutt got, but only for a
>few of many lists.  I followed the above advice and removed request.pck,
>but what do I do now to return the pending requests so that all the
>individual list admins can address them? (is this even possible?)

I assume you are no longer getting errors from cron/checkdbs. What
happens if you put the request.pck back and try to go to the admindb
page for the list? Does this produce the error? If not, does it update
the request.pck? If so, this may fix the problem.

If none of this helps, or if you have a new request.pck with requests
since removing the old one, you could try bin/dumpdb on the
request.pck files to see what's in them, although I'm not sure how you
would use this information if you couldn't use the files themselves.