[Mailman-Users] Mailman Public Mailing List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jan 19 01:16:14 CET 2006

Neilrey Espino wrote:

>On my main web page I got 11 public lists....but when I typed in
>/bin/list_lists it showed 55 lists.
>
>How Do I advertised the rest ?

It depends why the others aren't advertised. There are two posibilities.

The list's 'advertised' attribute (on Privacy options...->Subscription
rules) is No.

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW is On and the host name part of the list's
web_page_url attribute is not the same as the host name part of the
URI you are using to access the overview page.

If it is the first reason, you could create set_adv.py in the bin/
directory containing----------------------
def set_adv(mlist):
    if not mlist.Locked():
        mlist.Lock()
    mlist.advertised = True
    mlist.Save()
    mlist.Unlock()
preceding is last line--------------------

and run it with

bin/withlist -a -r set_adv

and it will set every list advertised.

If it is the second reason, and you are not accessing different lists
from different virtual hosts, and the differences in web_page_url are
OK, set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py. If the differences in web_page_url are errors, you can
fix that with fix_url. Run

bin/fix_url.py

for instructions.

If you are actually accessing Mailman from different virtual hosts,
then it is intended that each host see only its own lists. If you want
each host to see all lists, you can set VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off as
above.