[Mailman-Users] installation & combining with apache

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 18 03:32:44 CET 2006

Christer Edwards wrote:

>I have not been able to completely understand the instructions
>included in the docs concerning installing mailman to an apache
>virtual host machine (ie; I host multiple sites on a single machine).
>
>I have mailman installed following the instructions but I am stuck
>after that point in joining it with apache & a specific domain for
>access.

I'm not clear on what you want.

Do you want just one of your virtual hosts to access Mailman? If so,
just put the various Alias and ScriptAlias and maybe Directory, etc
things that the documentation refers to inside the <VirtualHost>
</VirtualHost> block for that host.

If you want multiple virtual hosts to access Mailman, put those things
in the 'main server configuration' part of your Apache config. In this
case, you will need an add_virtualhost() line in mm_cfg.py for each of
your hosts.