[Mailman-Users] user is removed, but they still receive list emails

Ron Brogden rb at islandnet.com
Tue Jan 17 21:20:31 CET 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 12:04, Zack Beatty wrote:
> I've removed sevaral list members, using the Mailman
> Admin interface.  However, they're still gettting my
> mailings, and are threatening to complain to the spam
> cops?  I've double checked to confirm that these email
> addresses are NOT in my membership list.

Howdy.  Have you asked this user to forward you one of the messages they have
received with all headers intact so you can a) see if it even originated with
your server and b) if so, compare it against your SMTP logs to see why it is
being sent out?

Sounds like either they are on your Mailman list under a different email
address than the one you unsubscribed or the message they received came from
an external site (virus generated message, another user forwarding it, etc.).

Cheers,

Ron

--
islandnet.com