[Mailman-Users] (Beer) problem accessing the archive (403)

Scriber, Brian BScriber at icat.com
Tue Jan 17 00:21:39 CET 2006

I have completed the installation and everything seems to be working
perfectly... except being able to access the archives for my lists.

I have searched the archives and it seems like many people have had this
problem in the past, but the solutions which seem to have worked for
them do not appear to be solving my configuration issues.

This is the error message I'm receiving:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pipermail/is_pmc_interest/ on this
server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  _____
Apache/2.0.47 (Linux/SuSE) Server at jedi.icat.com Port 80

I have run the check_perms script and I have no errors.
I have the following configuration in my default-server.conf apache
file:

#########################
####   MAILMAN
#########################

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/">
	AllowOverride None
	Options ExecCGI
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/">
	AddDefaultCharset Off
	Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
	AllowOverride None
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

#########################
#####   End Mailman

Has anyone else run across this problem and solved it?
Getting to the archives is my primary objective, but I'm curious about
the third line in the error page as well.  Ideas?
If you're anwhere near the Denver area I'd be happy to thank you for
your help (beer).

Thanks in advance for even reading this far!
Brian A. Scriber

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.  Thank you.