[Mailman-Users] Hello and newbie question(s)

J. Horton jeremy at lexpublib.org
Sun Jan 15 00:45:13 CET 2006

Hello-

Been a regular user of Mailman for a while now (it's fantastic), but
only recently digging into the command line side of things.  Our
network guy did all the install, and slowly started showing me tips
and tricks to do in Terminal (Mac).

I'm very adept at configuring list via the web interface, but I now
have a bit of a problem.

Recently, we decided to set up individual lists for each Kentucky
county represented in our organization's BIG LIST.  I created these
lists (120 in all) using the command lines, and they are now set up
and running (though empty).   Problem is, I'd like to set the same
bounce processing variables for each list, without having to go into
the web interface to each individually (a huge time killer).

Is there anyway to do this kind of work globally via the command
line?  Here are the configurations I would like to try and do all at
one time, and I was wondering not only how to type the command, but
also how to enter the values (whether integer or Yes/No):

Configs with values the are integers:

bounce_score_threshold
bounce_info_stale_after
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval

Configs with values that are Yes/No:

bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable
bounce_notify_owner_on_removal

Also, I have yet to import email addresses into these 120 individual
lists.  I have, however, separated all the lists into individual text
files ("countyX.txt", "countyY.txt", etc.)  Is there a way (again) to
do this import via the command line (thus bypassing the web interface?)

My apologies for the newbie questions, but I'm on a bit of a
deadline, so I wanted to see if there was an answer before I blocked
out the next 10 hours digging into 120 Mailman web interfaces...

Thank you!

Jeremy Horton