[Mailman-Users] maximum size of list (# of recipients)?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 11 20:53:54 CET 2006

Zack Beatty wrote:

>I've searched the mailman docs, as well as Google, and
>turned up nothing.   This seems to be such a simple
>question, that should appear in the mailman FAQ, or at
>least the main feature list.
>
>What is the maximum numbers of recipients that Mailman
>can send to?
>Another way of putting it: how many members can a
>Mailman list have?

It's in the FAQ -
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>.

The number there (147,000) is somewhat out of date. There was a recent
report
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-December/048283.html>
of a server with 4 lists of 200,000 members each, but it was
"performing non-optimally".