[Mailman-Users] mhonarc patch 2.1.6 and mailman 2.1.7

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Wed Jan 11 06:16:39 CET 2006

Hey everyone! Have a bit of a problem happening, and I'm hoping it's an
easy fix...

I went to set up the mhonarc patch with mailman 2.1.7 tonight.

I know, I know.. different versions (2.1.6 patch for mhonarc versus
mailman 2.1.7), so I'm taking my life in my hands.. but it seemed to
apply cleanly (though I had to hack the templates/Makefile so that it
didn't install the *.mrc files, and manually copied them from en/ to
$prefix/mailman/templates/en/ :) )

Anywho.. I untarred the mailman-2.1.7.tgz file, in a fresh directory,
and after applying the patches, in order:

indexing
htdig
modinc
mhonarc
(all the latest from Richard's website, though, in modinc's case, I
modified DATA_FILE_VERSION = 95.1 to be 96.1 to keep with what I assumed
was the scheme happening.)

And after ./configure && make && make install && cp templates/en/*.mrc
/usr/local/mailman/templates/en/. , I put the following in mm_cfg.py,
which is all I could glean needed to be done for this patch:

#######################################
## Change for MHonArc 1/11/06
#######################################
# Which archiver to use by default to generate archive pages:
# 0 - pipermail
# 1 - mhonarc
DEFAULT_WHICH_ARCHIVER = 1
MHONARC_ARCHIVER_PATH = '/usr/local/bin/mhonarc'

When I try to do bin/arch --wipe a-test-listname, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./arch", line 202, in ?
    main()
  File "./arch", line 166, in main
    mlist.archiver_when_wiped = mlist.which_archiver
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 146, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, name
AttributeError: which_archiver

I tried changing back to DEFAULT_WHICH_ARCHVER = 0 with no different
results..

And, just in case you wonder:
$ which mhonarc
/usr/local/bin/mhonarc

I'm running Apache 2.0.55 on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE, Postfix 2.2.8,
mailman 2.1.7, mhonarc 2.6.15, perl 5.8.7

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

And, an aside to Richard, who donates his time and resources to
providing these patches:

Thanks so much for all of your work on these patches, Richard!
Seriously--they make Mailman all the better!

Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759