[Mailman-Users] Mail not reaching everyone on mailing list

Ira Rosenblum Irosenblum at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 7 13:39:39 CET 2006

Last week I wrote that none of the mail (using Mailman 2.1.6) being
sent to my list was reaching the list members, but I have since
discovered that about 25% of the members (that's a rough estimate)
are receiving mail, while the rest are not. It makes no sense to me.
The list has about 310 names on it, most of which were mass
subscribed by my cutting and pasting e-mail addresses (as text only;
I removed the hyperlinks from them first) from an excel spreadsheet.
Last week, Mark answered by asking: Have you checked Mailman's 'smtp'
and 'smtp-failure' logs? Also, the error log?
I don't have access to the logs. I've asked someone who does to
check, but I haven't heard from them yet. Meanwhile, does this make
any sense at all, that the mail is so sporadic? Has anyone else had
this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?
Ira