[Mailman-Users] User unknown messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 6 18:48:31 CET 2006

Darren G Pifer wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 09:25 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> What happens when a post is sent directly to one of these lists, not
>> via the Lotus Notes group?
>
>I asked the user to send mail from Lotus Notes to the listserve and it
>does the same thing. Just to you know, the sender has several list
>serves he is mailing to. In one case, the mail was delivered (to 19
>members), the other was not delivered (to 32 members). I am checking
>the configuration of both list serves and conparing them. I will let
>you know what I find out.

So in both cases Mailman sends to the list members (does everything
look normal in Mailman's 'post' and 'smtp' logs?), but in one case,
all 19 member posts are delivered and in the other all 32 are not
delivered because the MTA says 'user unknown'. Perhaps it is the
sender (LISTNAME-bounces) that is unknown to the MTA.

Can anyone successfully post to the problem list?