[Mailman-Users] falling back to login screen (repeat)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 6 17:46:53 CET 2006

M. Onur ERGiN wrote:

>Another detail that may be useful is; one day my web server crashed, an it took some time to find out the problem. It was related to mod_mime_magic module. In the httpd.conf, there were a line: MIMEMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic . This line was preventing me from starting the http service. and its status was :  httpd stopped but subsys locked!
>
>When I changed that line to "MimeMagicFile /etc/httpd/conf/magic " (MIME --> Mime) I could be able to start the web service, and it is now working fine. Can the problem be somehow related to mod_mime_magic ?? (I suppose, it shouldn't be)

Two things here. Apache directive names (as opposed to arguments) are
case-insensitive, so your change above shouldn't make any difference.
And, assuming /etc/httpd/conf/magic is the default, I don't think this
could be involved.

If this were my problem, I would run a packet sniffer on the host and
make sure that the cookie is being properly returned in the GET and
POST requests.

Or I might start by modifying Mailman/Cgi/admin.py to log some
additional debugging information - in particular,
os.environ.get('HTTP_COOKIE').