[Mailman-Users] Mailman page won't display in browser (using VPN)

Tristan Colson tristan at teslamotors.com
Tue Jan 3 20:08:27 CET 2006

When I try to invoke our Mailman installation in a browser (Firefox,
although it doesn't work in IE either), via our corporate VPN
(Netscreen-Remote on Windows XP), instead of displaying the page in the
browser, it attempts to download a file.
 I see the message:
-------------------------------------
You have chosen to open

which is a: application/x-httpd-php
from: http://mailman.ourcompany.com

What should Firefox do with this file?
(Note: the filename above is blank)

Mailman works fine from directly within our network, it just doesn't
work when I am using the VPN. I imagine it has more to do with the VPN
than with Mailman, but so far Mailman is the only web application that
behaves in this fashion, so I am looking for clues as to what might be
causing this behaviour. Seems like some kind of weird MIME-type bug, but
I'm not sure what (other PHP applications behave fine within our VPN).

Would appreciate any clues...