[Mailman-Users] Invalid : @hotmail.com

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 3 18:50:10 CET 2006

Munzir Taha wrote:

>I will try to figure which name is the culprit but the mystry lies behind the
>fact that since I compiled all these names from running list_members >
>myfile.list how come that email (if defected) was there?!

Pre 2.1.6 Mailman was not as fussy about 'funny' characters in email
addresses as 2.1.6 and subsequent are. Thus, it is possible to have an
older address on a list which is not currently considered valid.

Have you tried

grep '@hotmail.com' myfile.list

Also, if you made the list with --fullnames, there may be something in
the name that is causing confusion.