[Mailman-Users] sorting out bounces

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 2 12:41:54 CET 2006

    >> List admins don't receive the bounces.  The system does.  There
    >> are many examples of groups of multiple list admins all
    >> managing the same mailing lists, and having absolutely no
    >> problems whatsoever with this method.

    Eric> and obviously something is broken with my environment and
    Eric> has been for years with various distributions.  When the
    Eric> monthly notices go out, the human associated with the
    Eric> mailman address gets all of the bounces.

Could you take a look at the bounce processing page
(http://YOUR-SERVER.TLD/lists/admin/LISTNAME/bounce or so) and tell us
what the settings are?

Since you say "monthly notices", I suppose you're not seeing
spam-related bounces (that would be daily...).  For the sake of
completeness, I mention that I've seen a _lot_ of bounces coming back
because spammers have picked up on the mailman admin addresses.  These
get through to a human because they're "unrecognized bounces".