[Mailman-Users] Set-up Instructions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 28 19:18:21 CET 2006

Sesiri Pathirane wrote:

 > If someone replies to the a mail that’s sent to the mailing list, it
 > goes to everybody on the list, as if I sent a mail to the list. How
 > can I stop that? I tried everything, but no luck!

On the list's general options page you want

first_strip_reply_to = No
reply_goes_to_list = Poster

Beyond that, it is up to the person doing the replying and his/her MUA.

Normally, a 'reply-all' (as I'm doing here) will go to the original
poster and the list because the list is a recipient of the original
post, and a 'reply' will go to the poster only.