[Mailman-Users] Integrating htdig

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Feb 28 18:50:22 CET 2006

michael dunston said the following on 2/28/2006 2:31 AM:
> dragon at crimson-dragon.com, 11:48 AM (-0800) Monday, February 27,
> 2006:
>
>> I noticed in the documentation that the 3.2 version of htdig is not
>>  supported by the patches for using htdig with mailman. I've tried
>> rolling it back to version 3.1.6 but am having difficulty getting
>> it to install so it looks like for the moment I am stuck with 3.2
>>
>> Is there any way to get this patch to work with the 3.2 version of
>> htdig? Is there any plan to support this in the future?
>
> Not this is necessarily of much help, but I was in a similar
> situation recently and ended up giving up on htdig entirely and using
> swish-e instead.   It wasn't as easy to set up (as htdig integration)
> but it works and seems much faster to use.

I don't recall having to do anything special in this situation. I'm
running 2.1.7 with htdig 3.2.0b6 ...

I did customize my htdig setup, so that my logo, color scheme and such
are used, and I put all that in the templates/en/htdig_conf.txt file.
But I don't recall doing anything particularly special there.

Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759