[Mailman-Users] Question about g-zipped mail archives - attachment folders/files?

Dave Yeats dave.yeats at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:50:19 CET 2006

I'm looking at messages posted to a mailman-driven open-source
development email list (on mail.gnome.org/archives), and I've
downloaded the g-zip archives I want.  When I extract the files, I get
one .txt file, and one or more "attachment" folders (with the suffix
.txt.attachment00, .txt.attachment01, etc.) which, in turn, contain
additional "attachment" files (with suffixes
.txt.attachment00.attachment00,
.txt.attachment00.attachment01, etc.).

I don't think these are attachments in the usual sense of "attachment"
in email programs.  I don't think other file attachments are allowed
on this list.

It looks like the the first .txt document (at the root) contains all
of the messages, but I was hoping someone could verify that for me.

Have you ever dealt with this?  Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Dave Yeats