[Mailman-Users] add_members

Allan Hansen hansen at rc.org
Mon Feb 27 05:26:45 CET 2006

Problem:

list_members -f -o <file> <list>
    generates a file of members in the following format:
        name_of_subscriber <email_of_subscriber>

sync_members -f <file> <list>
    takes a file of members in the above format.

add_members -r <file> <list>
    crashes with a traceback when given a file in the above format.

The crash appears to happen in OldStyleMemberships.py
add_members appears to strip all whitespace from the file.

Do I have a mixed bag of incompatible scripts or is this the expected
behavior at this time. I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.5

The above is not terribly critical, as I can combine
list_members and sync_members to do what I otherwise would do with
just add_members.

Thanks,

	Allan
| Allan Hansen, Ph.D.                                             |
|    P.O. Box 2423, Cypress, CA 90630, U.S.A.                     |
| Work:                              Home:                        |
| Phone: +1-714/952-6015             +1-714/875-8870              |
| Fax:   +1-714/952-6746                                          |
| Email: allan.hansen at ugs.com        hansen at rc.org                |
| WWW:   http://www.ugs.com          http://www.rc.org/           |
|_Anything is possible with the right tools and right information_|