[Mailman-Users] Mailman attempts to inline attachments of MIME typetext/plain

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 24 02:52:33 CET 2006

Jeff DeReus wrote:

>Is there a way to allow attachments of text/plain without them being added
>inline in the message post?

On Non-Digest options, set scrub_nondigest to No. In addition, for
digests, the member needs to receive MIME digests rather than plain.

>Would it be possible to have the mailman archive
>split out the attachment and, for each message, provide a separate link to
>download the attachment as a separate file?

If the attachment doesn't specify a charset in the Content-Type:
header, it will be scrubbed rather than 'flattened', which is what you
want. Getting your MUA to 'attach' it that way may be a problem
though. I don't think there's a configuration setting to do it in all
cases.