[Mailman-Users] installation problems - newlist-issues

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 24 02:41:22 CET 2006

Henrik wrote:

>> Do you have
>>
>> DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en-US'
>>
>> in mm_cfg.py?
>
>No, I didn't have that setting,

Then maybe someone put it in Defaults.py. Let's hope Mandrake is not
distributing its package this way.

>however I added mailman the good old
>fashion way.

Which is?

I don't know how you can create a list any way except by copying som
other list's config.pck if you have an invalid value for
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE. If nothing else, maybe you need to put

DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'

in mm_cfg.py.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.