[Mailman-Users] installation problems - newlist-issues

Henrik henleg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:27:48 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to install mailman on a server running Mandriva 10.1

I typed "urpmi mandrake" and changed
"/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py" to the desired subdomain to run
Mailman's webinterface and the desire subdomain for email.

Then, I am doing the "newlist"-command by using the following syntax:
"./newlist  --language en mailman admin at myserver.com mypassword"

Doing so gives me the following error-message at the command-line:

-----------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./newlist", line 219, in ?
    main()
  File "./newlist", line 160, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 457, in Create
    self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 381, in InitVars
    if Utils.GetCharSet(self.preferred_language) == 'us-ascii':
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 623, in GetCharSet
    return mm_cfg.LC_DESCRIPTIONS[lang][1]
KeyError: 'en_US'

I've had this trouble every time I want to install Mailman, and it
doesn't seem to bend.

Can anyone help, please?

TIA

 / Henrik