[Mailman-Users] Unable to execute a script when incoming mailarrives

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:33:40 CET 2006

Also, in some configurations (e.g., sendmail with smrsh) you may need
to tweak your security options to make sure that somescript.sh is
allowed to be executed in this way.
This page talks about setting up smrsh. You can probably ignore the
bit about reconfiguring sendmail, since we're assuming it's already
set up that way: http://www.faqs.org/docs/securing/chap22sec182.html

- Patrick Bogen

On 2/22/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> kannan.ekanath at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >I added the following line /etc/aliases file,
> >forumtest-dummymember: "|/home/kannan/scripts/somescript.sh"
> >
> >But the thing is it doesnt seem to call the script. Any idea why? If
> >the script got executed it creates a dummy file in the directory. (In
> >this case the file wasnt created).
>

> Did you run postalias or newaliases or whatever the appropriate command
> is for your MTA to update the aliases.db file?
>
> What happens to the mail sent to forumtest-dummymember?
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

- Patrick Bogen