[Mailman-Users] Unable to execute a script when incoming mailarrives

kannan.ekanath at gmail.com kannan.ekanath at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:35:48 CET 2006

Well i think you can ignore the mail2forum part. Here is my
requirement. When a mail comes to a dummy alias i want some script to
be executed (a simple .sh file with execute permissions being
provided)

I added the following line /etc/aliases file,
forumtest-dummymember: "|/home/kannan/scripts/somescript.sh"

But the thing is it doesnt seem to call the script. Any idea why? If
the script got executed it creates a dummy file in the directory. (In
this case the file wasnt created).

Any thoughts?
Regards,
kannan