[Mailman-Users] Relationship URL with Lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 20 21:13:57 CET 2006

Gustavo Mesquita wrote:

>On 2/20/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>>
>> Gustavo Mesquita wrote:
>> >
>> >I have created lists using the command:
>> >
>> >"./newlist -u myurl.domain.br -q ListName mail at myself.org passwd"
>> >
>> >But, when I configure the list using the archive "sitelist.cfg" with the
>> >command:
>> >
>> >"./config_list -i sitelist.cfg ListName"
>> >
>> >The list loses the reference for URL when it was created!
>> >I need to user the archive "sitelist.cfg" for configure the list and
>
>I modified the sitelist.cfg, setting the host_name=' myurl.domain.br' and
>web_page_url='http://myurl.domain.br/mailman/', why I conferred this
>parameters, and I set for equals values, but don't obtained good result.

I hope the space in host_name=' myurl.domain.br' is a typo because it
shouldn't have a space.

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing because of our language
barrier.

In general, you should NOT have either host_name or web_page_url in the
input to bin/config_list.

Are you saying that if you run bin/dumpdb on the
lists/ListName/config.pck before running bin/config_list, it shows the
proper values for host_name and web_page_url, and then you run
bin/config_list with an input that does NOT contain settings for
host_name or web_page_url, and then you run bin/dumpdb again and the
values are changed?

Or are you saying that you run bin/config_list with an input containing

host_name='myurl.domain.br'
and
web_page_url='http://myurl.domain.br/mailman/'

and then you run bin/dumpdb and the values you see are different from
those?