[Mailman-Users] I've built apache, sendmail, mailman successfully, how to make them work?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 20 01:50:06 CET 2006

lovecreatesbeauty wrote:

>Where can I find the alias list if it is reported by Mailman automatically?
>If it should be done by manual, then I should do the following:
>-add aliases by editing /etc/aliases
>-run newaliases command
>
>is it right for me?

Normally, with sendmail, you should have MTA = 'Manual' from
Defaults.py and this should not be changed in mm_cfg.py.

With MTA = 'Manual' whenever you create a list, whether via web or via
bin/newlist, the list of required aliases is displayed for you. The
same information is also emailed to the owner of the site list
(usually mailman-owner at ...), but of course if the proper aliases have
not been installed for this list, that mail can't be delivered.

See the entire thread beginning at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-January/048597.html>
for some examples of what a set of aliases should look like.